Call outs to chimney fire and shed fire overnight

Fire and Rescue news.
Fire and Rescue news.

Firefighters were called out to two domestic fires in the Sleaford area last night (Thursday)

A crew from Waddington crew used chimney gear to deal with a fire at a house reported at 9.41pm on Dycote Lane, Welbourn.

The fire is believed to have been caused by a build up of soot, according to a fire service spokesman.

At 10.11pm a crew from Sleaford used one hose reel to extinguish a garden shed on fire at the rear of Millview Road, Ruskington.

The fire is said to have been caused by a nearby bonfire.