The Sleaford Standard did a large feature on the relocation of A W Blanchards the grocers and wine merchants from their previous premises on Riverside Precinct back onto Southgate in January 1988.
The business was set up in 1922 near Handley Monument by Albert Blanchard. In this latest venture in Regency style premises were set back from the road on Southgate, with coffee shop, bakery and patisserie and health food shop. Who were the staff pictured with shop manager Terry Ainsworth pictured on the left?
* Audrey Hamilton of North Kyme recognised our recent photo of Sketchleys staff at the New Year’s dance from 1963/64. They were, from left - Sheila Harwood, Joyce King, Jackie Banks, Campbell Hamilton and Janice Jenkins.