Fire crews called to chimney fire in Helpringham and chemical leak at Belton

Fire & Rescue news.
Fire & Rescue news.

A fire crew are dealing with a chimney fire reported at a house in Helpringham this afternoon (Wednesday).

The incident was reported at 4.46pm at a property on Vicarage Lane in the village.

More news as we get it.

The Billingborough crew was also joined by crews from Brant Broughton and Sleaford, as well as Grantham and a command unit from Market Rasen when they were called out earlier this afternoon to a reported chemical leak in Belton.

According to a Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue spokesman, the leak was located in a plant room at a premises on Grantham Road in the village and was created by a reaction when two chemicals were accidentally mixed together.

Crews monitored the air in the room and used two Gas Tight Suits with a decontamination pack to seal off the container.