Heatwave too hot for solar powered garden light - overheats and starts Sleaford house fire

Fire & Rescue News.
Fire & Rescue News.

Soaring temperatures in Sleaford became too much even for solar panels yesterday (Tuesday).

Sleaford firefighters attended a house on Southfields in the town last night at about 6.17pm, where a fence panel had caught fire and spread to guttering on the house.

The fire was out on their arrival thanks to a neighbour extinguishing it, but a fire service spokeswoman said investigators believe the fire may have been started by the sun’s ray’s overheating the UV panel of a solar powered garden light attached to the fence.