House fire at Hough on the Hill - three escape unhurt

FIRECREWS from Grantham were called to a house fire in the early hours of this morning.

The alarm was raised just before 3am (Thursday) to a fire in a two storey house at Hough on the Hill.

The fire had started in the first floor bathroom caused by an electrical fault in the immersion heater. Two crews from Grantham attended and put the fire out.

The airing cupboard was badly damaged and the rest of the house suffered badly from smoke damage, but the three occupants escaped unharmed.