DCSIMG

UPDATE - fire at recycling plant in Caythorpe

Fire at Recycle centre in Caythorpe. 733C

Fire at Recycle centre in Caythorpe. 733C

Firefighters have been tackling a serious fire at a recycling plant for most of the morning.

The fire started at the Mid UK recycling plant at Caythorpe shortly after midnight.

At the height of the blaze eight appliances were on site and have now got the blaze contained as relief came in to replace them after six hours at the scene.

The fire was centred on a 100m x 30m building full of recyclable waste. The factory building, machinery and recycling waste were all severely damaged in the fire which is believed to have been caused by spontaneous combustion of the waste material.

The contents are not said to be too hazardous but the fire service advised residents in the Caythorpe and immediate area to keep their doors and windows closed in case of fumes. Caythorpe Heath Lane also remains closed with diversions.

Firefighters would be remaining at the site for some time.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page