Microwave fires keep Sleaford fire crews busy

Fire and Rescue news.
Fire and Rescue news.

Sleaford fire crews were called to a property in Leasingham this afternoon (Saturday) due to reports of a fire in a microwave oven.

The crews attended the premises on Chapel Lane just before 2pm to find food in the microwave had been burnt due to miscalculated cooking time.

The town’s fire crew was called out at 1.23pm yesterday afternoon to a similar incident on Sycamore Road, Ruskington.

A fire service spokesman said food inside a microwave had caught fire and damaged the appliance but burned itself out before arrival of the firefighters.

On inspection it was believed an electrical fault in the microwave had probably caused the fire.