Rainwater causes wiring in electricity meter box to overheat

Lincs Fire & Rescue News.

Lincs Fire & Rescue News.

Have your say

Sleaford fire crews were mobilised to reports of a fire at a property on Birchwood Road in the town last night (Thursday).

The call came in just after 8pm and the fire was out on arrival.

A Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman explained wiring in an electricity meter box on the outside of a property had overheated and caused damage when rain water got into the box.