Sleaford Town have had their appeal against the decision of the FA to remove them from this year’s FA cup rejected.
A statement on the website said the hearing made clear that by excluding both clubs it wasn’t giving any indication of equal culpability and that each had some element of culpability in the incident on September 14.
The sub comittee therefore stood by their original decision.
The statement said: “Obviously all at the Club are bitterly disappointed and frustrated in the end result but will now move on and focus on the remainder of the season ahead. It is hoped that all further headlines this season will be as a result of the undoubted hard work that Kris and his players are putting in and the quality of football that is being produced.
“The Club would like to put on record it’s thanks for all the support it has received, through what has been a challenging experience for all those involved, and in particular thank Robert Breckon of Ringrose Law and Sam Skinner, Barrister, for their legal advice and hard work representing us at the hearings.”
The team, along with opponents Huntingdon Town, were dropped from the competition by the FA last week following a hearing into trouble, which ended the qualifying match prematurely.
The referee was forced to abandon the game just three minutes from time as a result of the incident at Eslaforde Park on September 14, which led to the FA charging both teams with failing to ensure their players, officials and/or supporters conducted themselves in an orderly fashion and refrained from provocative/violent behaviour.