The countdown is on to Christmas and now is the time to transform your home into a magical winter wonderland while staying on trend.
Julia Portington, sales manager for award-winning house builder Miller Homes Midlands, shares her top tips for a festive feel:
1. Our interior experts at Miller Homes use white to ensure our properties are on trend. Using white and red decorations will give your home a Nordic snowy feel and by adding natural fibres like chunky woollen cushions and throws, you can create a warm cosy touch.
2. You can’t beat the smell of a real Christmas tree when you open the doors to your friends and family on the big day. It will give your house an instant ‘Christmassy’ atmosphere.
3. Hook a wreath to your front door. You can save money by making your own, just add festive touches such as cinnamon sticks, dried oranges, berries and foliage. Fairy lights outside also add some sparkle to the porch or trees.
4. Festive foliage is a great look for stairs. Use ivy and pine cones and add coloured baubles and twinkling lights.
5. If you have a mantelpiece add garlands, bright coloured baubles, old-fashioned candy canes or festive ferns in glass vases.