Bedroom fire in house at Heckington

Fire & Rescue News.
Fire & Rescue News.

Firefighters were called to a house blaze in Heckington on Saturday night after neighbours raised the alarm.

The incident happened on Howell Road at about 8.30pm when neighbouring residents smelled smoke coming from the property and alrted emergency services.

The fire damage was confined to a bedroom and contents and crews from Sleaford, Donington and Billingborough wearing breathing apparatus put out teh flames using a hose reel.

There was no-one at home at the time and no-one was hurt, according to the fire service.