A ladies’ pamper event is being held tomorrow (Saturday) to help fund a Sleaford student on a volunteer expedition to the east coast of Africa.
The pamper day fundraiser, known as the Pink Ladies, will be held in Leasingham Village Hall between 10am and 3pm, supporting Carre’s sixth former Luke Nickols-Collin and his trip to Zanzibar with the Global Action school expedition scheme.
Mum Jo Nickols explained: “The expedition is organised by Kesteven and Sleaford High School and Carre’s Grammar School with Global Action.”
The scheme enables students to travel to experience cultures in other parts of the world while assisting as volunteers in local education, research and community infrastructure projects.”
The scheme’s mission is to facilitate learning for positive global change through tailored school expeditions and professional internships. The programmes foster leadership and teamwork skills, while directly contributing towards international conservation and poverty reduction.
Students must also participate in fundraising and global learning workshops and will gain awards for their CV.
Mum Jo said: “He will be doing projects with local people, helping to teach children English and doing environmental surveys including surveying the corals.”
There will be various treatments available at the pamper event, refreshments served and also gifts for sale.
In the Jessop Room will be:
1) Emma-Louise (Soul Serenity) - Thai foot massage, Reiki, facials, hand scrubs/massage and foot scrubs/massage. Plus Forever living products
2) Tracey (Simply You Therapies) - Facials, massage and reflexology
3) Donna (Antiquus Therapies) - Reflexology, facials and Hopi ear candling
4) Jo (Escencia Holistics) - Acupressure face massage, back message or leg massage Crystal Wand Face Massage. Plus AA Skincare products and health products
5) Jo (Lotus Mobile Massage) - Massage
In the main hall will be:
1) Bridgette One to one mediumship
2) Christina (Ooh la la nails and beauty) Manicures, pedicures, file and polish, gel manicures and pedicures
3) Grace - One to one mediumship
4) Lorna (Lorna Taylor - Crystal Healing) - Crystal healing reading.
5) Jemma - Manicures, pedicures, file and polish, gel manicures and pedicures
6) Amanda (Nails by Mandy) - Manicures, pedicures, file and polish, gel manicures and pedicure, waxing
7) Kayleigh (Headlines hair salon) - Dry cuts, hair straightening, plaiting and curling
8) Sarah (Bowen Technique Sleaford) - Bowen therapy
9) Naz (Henna.Inspired) - Henna tattoos
There will also be a number of stall holders present:
1) Grace - Crystals
2) Teresa (Tres Chic) - Dresses and accessories
3) Skye (South Kyme flowers and craft) - Flowers
4) Bryony (A bird named Charlie) - Jewellery
5) Gill (Gills2Gems) - Handbags, purses, shoes and scarves
6) Juilette (Organic Beauty Inside Out) - Neals Yard products
7) Wendy (True Colour Fashion) - Ladies clothes and advice
8) Debbie (Sew Devorah) - tote bags, peg bags, aprons, door stops, draught excluder’s and more
9) Aggy - Partylite
10) Jo (Secret Findings) Shabby Chic items
11) Melissa - Body Shop
12) Jackie - Sweets
13) Rowena - Phoenix Cards
14) Emily - Younique Cosmetics
For further information contact Laura Taylor on 07772 605099 or check out their Facebook page.