Chimney fire at Helpringham pub

Fire & Rescue news.
Fire & Rescue news.

Firefighters attended an outbreak at a pub in Helpringham yesterday (Tuesday).

Crews from Sleaford, Billingborough and Donington were called to a commercial premise in The Green at about 4.30pm.

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue tweeted that crews attempted to gain access to the property as smoke issued from the roof.

A spokesman for the service said: “The fire last night was at a commercial premise in Helpringham, and was extinguished using two breathing apparatus, two hose reel jets and a roof ladder.

“There was severe damage by fire to five per cent of wooden joists in the roof, and the fire was caused by a failed chimney stack.”

Yesterday evening, The Brass Windmill, The Green, Helpringham, posted on its Facebook page the pub was ‘open as normal’, saying there had been ‘just a small chimney fire’.