Chimney fire in Aunsby

The fire service said it attends lots of fires caused by hand-held appliances being mistakenly left on
The fire service said it attends lots of fires caused by hand-held appliances being mistakenly left on

Firefighters called to a chimney fire at a property in Aunsby yesterday evening.

Crews from Billingborough Sleaford were called out at 6.21pm to a property on Crofton Lane, Aunsby.

A fire service report says they used a hose reel to extinguish the fire, which is believed to have been caused by a build up of soot within the chimney.