Cigarette sparked bin fire at North Hykeham

Fire and rescue news.
Fire and rescue news.

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue says a bin fire behind The Forum in North Hykeham last night (Saturday) was sparked by a discarded cigarette.

Firefighters from North Hykeham used one hose reel jet to put out the blaze in an industrial bin.

The alarm was raised just after 8.20pm.

A spokesman for fire and rescue said: “The fire was caused by a discarded cigarette.

“Always make sure you put your cigarettes right out before disposing of them.”