Dog treated by Sleaford firefighters for smoke inhalation after toaster sets fire to clothing

The crash happened on Princes Drive
The crash happened on Princes Drive

A dog needed oxygen to overcome inhaling smoke after someone accidentally set fire to their clothing while using the toaster at a property in Sleaford on Saturday morning.

A Sleaford fire crew was called to Jubilee Grove at 8.15am when clothes overhanging a toaster caught fire while it was in use.

The occupant of the property removed the clothing and turned off the toaster while the crew camped down with a hose, according to the fire service.

Crew members administered oxygen to a dog affected by the smoke and it made a full recovery.