Firefighters were called to reports of a fence and bins on fire in Ruskington yesterday (Thursday) afternoon.
The fire crew from Metheringham attended Parkfield Road at about 3.30pm and according to a fire service spokesman used a hose and drags to put out the burning fence and wheelie bins.
No cause of the fire has been revealed.
A quantity of food in a pan caught fire in a house on The Drove, Sleaford, at around the same time yesterday afternoon.
A spokesman said the fire was out on arrival of crews from Sleaford who ventilated the property using specialist fans.
The fire was said to have started from cooking being left unattended.