Fire on grassland at Rauceby started by discarded cigarette

Fire officers believe the fire could have spread to other flats if they had not been called so quickly.
Fire officers believe the fire could have spread to other flats if they had not been called so quickly.

A Sleaford fire crew were called to reports of rough grassland on fire at North Rauceby.

They arrived at the scene on Church Laner at about 8.14pm where about 20 sqm of grassland had been burnt by the fire.

They halted the blaze using a hosereel and beater.

It is believed to have been started by careless discarded smoking materials, say Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue Service.