Heap of telegraph poles set ablaze by stray spark from bonfire

Fire services were called to the scene EMN-180108-102448001
Fire services were called to the scene EMN-180108-102448001

An accidental spark from a bonfire is believed to have ignited a pile of 30 telegraph poles and caused a blaze at Tattershall Bridge last night (Sunday).

Sleaford fire crews were called out at about 7.26pm to Walcott Bank to put out the burning poles.

They used a couple of hoses to bring it under control, according to a fire service statement.

No-one was said to have been hurt as a result.