Shed fire spreads to bungalow in Rippingale

Firefighters attended the scene in the early hours of this morning
Firefighters attended the scene in the early hours of this morning

Four fire crews were called to a fire at a bungalow in Rippingale yesterday afternoon (Sunday).‏

At about 3.30pm they attended a domestic shed and it scontents on fire at Scarborough Close, Rippingale.

The fire spread to the roof of the bungalow, damaging about 5 sq m of it.

The cause is thought to have been accidental and was put out using two hose reels.

One person suffered a minor burn, but no one else was injured, according to a fire service statement.