SUNDAY 9.50AM: Microwave fire at house in Sleaford

Lincs Fire and Rescue News.
Lincs Fire and Rescue News.

Fire crew were called out when a microwave went up in flames at a house in Sleaford on Saturday.

Staff from Sleaford and Billingborough Fire Stations attended a house in Chestnut Close at about 2.30pm when they inspected the microwave.

There was smoke damage to food in the microwave but no injuries.

SATURDAY 10.25AM: Cooker fire at house in Cranwell

Fire crews from two stations dealt with a cooker blaze at a house in Cranwell on Friday.

The fire took place at a house in Cranwell Avenue, near the village primary school at about 2.30pm.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a water hose reel to put out the blaze which caused damage to the cooker and worktops.

There was also smoke damage to the rest of the house but no one was injured.

A Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said the cause of the fire was accidental.