Update: Fire crews tackle house blaze

Fire and Rescue news.
Fire and Rescue news.

The occupier of a house in Ewerby has been treated for minor burns and smoke inhalation following a fire today (Sunday).

The blaze, in a ground floor bedroom of the house on Main Street, is believed to have been caused by a short circuit in electric blanket.

Damage was caused to ground floor bedroom, hallway and roof space, bathroom and hall.

Fire crews from Sleaford, Billinghay, Billingborough and Metheringham were called out to deal with the incident at 5.33am.

Breathing equipment, hose reel jets and main jets were used to extinquish the fire,