Lewis Mundt and Nathan Wilson clash.
Lewis Mundt and Nathan Wilson clash.

Neil Johnson rouns-up the latest news from the Boston Saturday League...


Coningsby's Andy Kelly breaks away for a brief solo run during the match with Spilsby Town on Saturday. Photo by Oscarpix Imaging.

Coningsby's Andy Kelly breaks away for a brief solo run during the match with Spilsby Town on Saturday. Photo by Oscarpix Imaging.

Kirton Town went down to a narrow 2-1 defeat at home at the hands of Billinghay Athletic.

After a goalless first half Ashley Davies cancelled out Billinghay’s opener but a late disputed free kick helped give the visitors the points.

Coningsby gave second-placed, Spilsby Town a fright when they entertained the title-chasers.

The home side appeared to be heading for a hard-fought draw as the game entered the final minutes but Town rocked their opponents with the crucial goal five minutes from time when substitute Karl Minor popped up with the winner. Final score 1-0.

Wyberton Reserves still head the table following a comfortable 6-1 away win at Old Leake.

The home side had no complaints about the outcome as they were second best in every department although they only trailed 2-0 at the break.

The main turning point came just after the break when The Wyberton keeper denied Scott Mackay at a time when the scores could have been 2-1 but it wasn’t to be and the rest was history.

Wyberton were stirred into action after that close call and three more goals followed to give them a commanding lead.

Old Leake did manage to pull a goal back, and what a goal it was when substitute Patrick Kacireck ventured forward from his full-back position before unleashing a superb drive into the top corner to make it 5-1 on the hour mark before the visitors wrapped up the scoring with a sixth.

The Wyberton goals came from Shane Brackenbury (two), Nicky Syndercombe (two), Reece Beauchamp and Liam Shinn.

Swineshead matched the leaders’ score with another 6-1 away win, theirs being at Ruskington Rovers.

Two Swineshead strikers claimed all of the goals with Bert Snaith hitting four of his side’s goals while Richard Barker struck the other two.

Ruskington’s reply came from Ashley Farmer.

Benington recorded their first Premier Division victory of the season with a comfortable 4-1 home success over Pointon.

Gavin Bell’s first half brace put Benington in control of the contest before Lewis Mundt increased the hosts’ lead after the break with the goal of the game by beating three players on the edge of the box before curling home an unstoppable effort into the top corner.

The prolific Ian Jaquest reduced the arrears for Pointon, but Matthew Hood wrapped up the points for Benington late on with a rare header from Danny Woods’ pinpoint cross.

Fishtoft entertained Heckington Millers and, in a tight first half, it was The Millers who held the upper hand going in at the interval one goal to the good through a Dominic Kew effort.

Heckington then further extended their lead after the break when Sam Elliott scored with a header, at which point Fishtoft struck back to reduce the arrears through Jamie Skinner following a Harry Bunce set-piece.

The visitors soon restored their two-goal advantage through Seb Kew before Skinner made it 3-2 with his second goal of the game courtesy of another Bunce assist.


The only scheduled game in Division One was called off at the eleventh hour when Wrangle realised just over an hour before kick-off that they wouldn’t have enough players for their visit to Swineshead Reserves.

It is expected that the three points will be awarded to Swineshead.


Billinghay Athletic Reserves won their first game of the season when they entertained Coningsby Reserves.

The home side came out on top of a seven-goal thriller with Tom Bullimore grabbing two of The Billinghay goals.

A Bradley Walker penalty and a Charlie Gilbert strike made sure of the points in a 4-3 home win.

Pointon Reserves hit three goals in their home match against Fishtoft Reserves but still ended up empty-handed.

Rob Rowlatt struck two and Mason Hardy the other for Pointon but Fishtoft returned home with maximum points following a 4-3 away win.


Old Doningtonians Reserves edged out Leverton Reserves by the odd goal in five with Lewis Higgins claiming two of the Dons goals.

Leverton Reserves took an early lead despite a shaky start through Deividas Urbsys but Old Dons soon levelled things, however, when Dean Wrigglesworth netted following a goalmouth scramble in which two shots were initially cleared off the line.

Old Dons then took the lead before half time when Higgins grabbed his first.

The game was very much back and forth despite Leverton struggling with injuries having used their only sub, and Old Dons capitalised to score a third later in the game through Higgins.

However, Leverton were given hope when a long free kick saw a close range save rebound into the air where Deividas Urbsys rose above the defence to nod home.

Spilsby Town and FC Hammers shared the points following their goal-less draw.

Goals from McKenzie Smith, Michael Reeson and Jason Allen helped Wyberton A to a 3-1 home win against Benington Reserves.

Danny Gatenby struck The Benington goal.


There were only two minor shocks in The First Round of The Challenge Cup with Boston Titans and Swineshead A eliminating higher placed opposition.

Division Three newcomers Boston Titans were probably the biggest surprise winners when they dumped the holders FC Kirton out of the competition 5-1, although it’s fair to say the Kirton side are only a shadow of their former selves this season.

Division Two outfit FC Kirton have only a very small squad and after four players were unavailable their resources were stretched to the limit and the Titans took full advantage with a fine performance.

It was certainly a five-star performance from striker, Matt Howden who struck all five of his side’s goals.

Referee, Scott Lea had an excellent game in the middle of a tie which saw both sides squander many chances throughout.

Swineshead A, from Division Two, ousted first division FC Magnet with even more ease when they breezed through to the next round 7-1.

Recent transfer capture Dean Seiner hit a hat-trick while the other goals came from Paul Clarke, Ollie Coulham, Josh Smith and Calum Karpyszyn.

Railway Athletic will be fancying their chances of a good cup run following a 2-0 home win against Eastern European FC.

The all-important goals came from Damian Gibbons and Jak Stephenson.

FC Boston, who are floundering at the bottom of Division Three, found visitors Sibsey difficult opposition in more ways than one.

Division Two side Sibsey turned up for their tie with the same coloured shirts and, after some delay, took the field with training bibs - and this seemed to throw FC Boston as they conceded double figures once again.

The final score was 10-0.

Sutterton managed to get a side together for their home match against Holbeach Bank but they found their opponents tough opponents as their physical approach unsettled the lowly first division side.

Second Division Holbeach Bank overpowered Sutterton with a 3-1 away win following goals from Tyler Sones, who scored two and Ian Woodberry.

Sutterton’s only reward came from a scrappy goal which was credited to Steve Carey, although the goalkeeper may have diverted the ball into the net.

Park United led twice against Division One Freiston with goals from Josh Stanley and Ryan Huskisson, but they were unable to hold onto their slender advantages and they were eventually beaten 3-2.

Freiston edged through to the next round with goals from Perrie Dale, Tom Deamer and Troy Ayton.

Leverton were able to rotate their squad and trial a new formation in their game at Division Three strugglers Boston Athletic and, with it, they gained some useful shooting practice when they ran out 14-2 winners.

For the record, the avalanche of goals came from Dom Goddard (four), Nathan Rippin (four), Bobby Smith (three), Ben Reeson (two) and Alex Lote-Greenfield.

Chris Grimer and Chris Wing hit the matchwinners for Old Doningtonians in their away tie at Spalding Harriers when they returned home with a 2-1 victory.

A 94th minute winner from Friskney’s Ben Leech snatched an extra time chance of glory from Fosdyke last Saturday.

Woodhall Spa United had a morale-boosting 7-1 away win at Northgate Olympic.