FOOTBALL: Boston Saturday League results round-up

An open training day will be held for Sleaford Town Junior FC on Saturday, October 22
An open training day will be held for Sleaford Town Junior FC on Saturday, October 22

Taylors Garages Premier Division

Pointon suffered their second successive 5-2 defeat, this time, at the hands of Skegness Town Reserves.

Ian Jacquest and Ollie Cooper got on the scoresheet for Pointon but it was all to no avail as the visitors made their journey worthwhile with Dan Reid netting his second successive hat-trick. Dan Field and Charlie Arabin hit the other Skegness goals.

Benington battled back from two goals down to earn a share of the spoils in their home clash with Ruskington.

Goals either side of half-time had put Ruskington in control of the contest before a visiting defender headed a Gavin Bell corner into his own net to give Benington a lifeline.

The hosts then got back on level terms from another corner as centre-half Jason Cade powered home a header. Both sides had chances to win the contest with Ben Newton going close for Benington while Ruskington had a late strike ruled out for offside.

Taylors Peugeot Division One

Railway made the long journey to Fulbeck looking to extend their unbeaten run to three games, but in very wet conditions the surface proved difficult for both sides.

A very cagey first half saw a few chances created at both ends but Fulbeck fired wide, whilst Railway found the opposing goalkeeper in good form.

The second half started with some much better football from Railway and after a great through-ball, Curt Yeatman raced on to fire past the keeper to make it 1-0.

With the game in its closing stages, Fulbeck created three very good chances, all of which found Railway keeper Chris Moore in inspired form, saving all point blank efforts, the final one being tipped on to the post for it to roll across the goal line then hit the other post before being finally cleared by Ben Chapman on the line to secure the clean sheet and all three points.

Taylors Ford Division Two

Fishtoft Reserves travelled to Billinghay Reserves and both sides produced a very evenly contested affair following their 1-1 draw.

Billinghay went ahead in the first few minutes followong a mix up in defence.

Neither side really got going in the first half and the only other chance in the half was a header from a Fishtoft player that went narrowly wide.

In the second half Fishtoft came out rejuvenated and having made a substitution they looked as if they finally meant business.

Despite having a hosts of chances, it wasn’t until the dying embers of the match that Fishtoft managed to conjure up an equaliser through Tom Luto, who pounced on the ball after the keeper had fumbled to give the visitors a valuable point.

Goals from Jack Reeson, Michael Reeson and James Stubbs secured a 3-2 home win for Wyberton ‘A’ against Northgate Olympic.